Non-traditional Event Spaces Your Attendees Will Enjoy
Creating unique experiences for attendees starts with choosing the right venue for the right reasons. Thinking outside the hotel ballroom, event planners are seeking out less traditional options to “wow” guests.
- Rooftop – Take attendees to new heights with a rooftop venue, an ideal escape for meeting planners looking to “wow” their group with an evening event. Not only do rooftop spaces provide postcard-perfect views of the cityscape or sweeping landscape, they also have garden-like décor already built into the ambiance.
- Hotel Banquet Kitchen/Loading Dock – From handmade foods to nitro ice cream, let the F&B shine in a kitchen party. Add live bands or a DJ, trapeze artists who interact with the guests or live local artists working in tandem with the food theme to create a never-before-seen experience, serviced by our chefs.
- Outdoor Space – After being cooped up in meetings with (mostly) window-less rooms, take in the fresh air and sunlight with an outdoor venue. Among the many benefits of getting some outside time is a renewed energy and sharper concentration skills. Is the temperature too hot or too cold to brave the outdoors? A venue with a glass atrium or floor-to-ceiling windows can help attendees feel refreshed, all from a climate-controlled environment.
- Pool Deck – Stack up those loungers and you’ll be surprise just how much square footage is available on a pool deck. From an alfresco lunch to a lantern-lit BBQ, nothing screams summer more than a poolside setting! Only allowed to use the pool deck in the off-season? No problem! Pool season generally runs Memorial Day through Labor Day with plenty of warm days to utilize in the shoulder season. Consider patio heaters if you’re not sure of the weather.
- Underground – Just as fun as a rooftop location, basement parties or “underground” events can utilize otherwise forgotten spaces. Just as speakeasies took to obscure underground locations to hide their business, make the event an adventure just to get there. Keep the location a closely guarded secret until the very last minute, complete with unique entry points, prohibition cocktails and lots of jazz!
Successful meetings start here.
Combining the magnificence of our spectacular resorts with an unrivaled personal touch guarantees the increased flexibility and efficiency you need to create your perfect meeting. It's a philosophy every bit as unique as our properties themselves, and an experience you'll only find at Gaylord Hotels — where higher standards plus superior value make the difference between just another good meeting and the best meeting you've ever had.
Meetings at Gaylord Hotels
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Pinterest